Damien Keogh & Associates has extensive experience in advising on the application and principles of procurement legislation in relation to construction and infrastructure projects and public tenders in Ireland. This includes advising on the tendering process as well as any issues which may arise during the tender and award process.
We adopt a practical commercial approach and always seek to provide a cost effective solution to our client’s procurement issues.
Our areas of expertise in respect of construction procurement and the services we can provide our clients include advising on the following:
- Procurement strategies
- Drafting tenders and contract documentation
- Assisting in tendering process
- Review of decisions
- Advising on challenges to the award process on behalf of tenderers
- Providing client briefings on any developments or changes in the relevant legislation
The following represents some relevant experience in relation to advising clients on construction related procurement law matters:
- Advising semi-state sports body in relation to all aspects of their construction procurement process, including drafting of PIN notices, Invitation to Tender documents, contracts and appointments.
- Advising a US multi-billion dollar company in respect of all aspects of its procurement strategy for establishing its offices in Ireland as its World headquarters, including advising on its tendering processes and engagement of successful tenderers.
- Successfully advising tenderer in landmark procurement judicial review decision in the High Court Commercial List extending time to allow the unsuccessful tenderer challenge the decision of a County Council to award a €50m contract to another tenderer.
- Advising tenderer in procurement challenge in relation to the award of a construction contract for a County Dublin waste water treatment facility to a competing tenderer