General and Commercial Disputes
Damien Keogh & Associates have experience in representing clients in all Irish Courts as well as in arbitration, mediation, adjudication, conciliation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
We are at all times focused on delivering effective solutions to our clients’ legal disputes.
Our areas of expertise in respect of general and commercial litigation and the services we can provide our clients include advising on the following:
- Contract Disputes
- Regulatory Disputes/Judicial Review
- Planning Disputes
- Professional Negligence
The following represent some of our relevant experience in respect of general and commercial disputes:
- Defending numerous claims for various clients in respect of retailers’ nuisance claims regarding disruption to business and drop-off in footfall as a consequence of construction works, residential nuisance claims in respect of noise and dust nuisance and personal injury and motor claims.
- Advising client in multi-million euro insurance claim in relation to product design failure in major component of rail-track stabilisation system.
- Successfully opposing, as notice party, judicial review challenge by local residents against An Bord Pleanála planning permission in respect of a wind farm
- Advising main contractor in negotiations and agreement in relation to dispute arising from remediation works at oil refinery.
- Advising power generation provider in arbitration in relation to warranty claims under Put and Call Option Agreement for claims in respect of breach of warranty as regards plant condition at generating station, rate valuations of generating stations and flood risk.
- Advised energy provider in a claim under Business Sale Agreement in respect of retained litigation and specifically rights of way claims in relation to power station lands.